Overview of SCR Altach Football Team
SCR Altach is a professional football team located in Altach, Austria. The team was founded in 1929 and has been a regular in Austria’s top-flight league, the Austrian Bundesliga. SCR Altach plays its home games at the CASHPOINT Arena, which has a capacity of over 8,000 spectators.
The team’s official colors are white and blue, which are featured prominently in the team’s emblem. SCR Altach has a fierce rivalry with two other teams from Vorarlberg, Austria, FC Hard and FC Dornbirn.
History of the Team
SCR Altach began its journey as a small football club in 1929. The team earned promotion to the Vorarlberg League for the first time in 1963.
SCR Altach experienced its first significant success in 1996, when they reached the Austrian Cup final but were defeated by Austria Wien. This feat earned the team its first qualification into a major European tournament, the UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup, where they were eliminated in the first round.
The team’s best league finish came in the 2014-15 season, where they finished third in the Bundesliga and qualified for the UEFA Europa League.
Some of the notable players who have played for SCR Altach include:
– Hannes Aigner: A striker who played for the team from 2008 to 2015, scoring 70 goals in 190 appearances.
– Philipp Netzer: A midfielder who played over 300 matches for the team from 1997 to 2011.
– Christoph Monschein: A striker who played for SCR Altach from 2011 to 2015, scoring 22 goals in 63 appearances.
Several coaches have managed SCR Altach throughout the years, including:
– Damir Canadi: Managed the team from 2013 to 2016, leading them to their best-ever finish in the Bundesliga in the 2014-15 season.
– Klaus Schmidt: Managed the team from 2016 to 2019, leading them to a third-place finish in the Austrian Cup in his first season.
– Alex Pastoor: Currently managing SCR Altach since 2020.
Most Successful Season
SCR Altach’s most successful season was in 2014-15 when they finished third in the Austrian Bundesliga and qualified for the UEFA Europa League. The team finished ahead of established teams like Rapid Wien and Sturm Graz, and their qualification for European competition marked a historic accomplishment for the club.
SCR Altach is owned by Sportclub Rheindorf Altach GmbH.
SCR Altach plays its home games at the CASHPOINT Arena, which has a capacity of over 8,000 spectators. The stadium was opened in 1990 and underwent renovations in 2011, which included the construction of a new main stand.
|Team Name:||SCR Altach|
|Owner:||Sportclub Rheindorf Altach GmbH|
|City and Country:||Altach, Austria|
Overall, SCR Altach is a respected football team in Austria that has had its fair share of success in the past. The team is made up of talented players and is led by experienced coaches who hope to guide them to further victories and trophies in the future.