Overview of SC Wiener Neustadt
SC Wiener Neustadt is a football club based in Wiener Neustadt, Austria. The team was founded in the year 2008 and currently plays in the Austrian Regional League East, which is the third tier of Austrian football. The team has a strong following in the city and has been an important part of the football culture in the region.
History of the Team
SC Wiener Neustadt was founded in the year 2008 and immediately secured a place in the Austrian Football Second League. The team had a good run in their debut season and finished in a respectable fifth place. However, in the following season, they struggled and were relegated to the third tier.
In the years that followed, the team has had mixed fortunes, with some seasons being successful while others have been disappointing. However, the team has always had a loyal following and has been an important part of the football culture in Wiener Neustadt.
Over the years, SC Wiener Neustadt has had several talented players in their ranks. Some of the notable players who have played for the team include:
– Markus Pink: Pink is a former Austrian international who played for Wiener Neustadt in the 2014-15 season. He was the top scorer for the team that season, scoring 15 goals in 29 appearances.
– Daniel Maderner: Maderner is a striker who played for Wiener Neustadt from 2015 to 2017. He scored 20 goals in 65 appearances for the team and was a key player during his time at the club.
– Michael Schimpelsberger: Schimpelsberger is a former Austrian international who played for Wiener Neustadt in the 2013-14 season. He made 28 appearances for the team that season and was a solid presence in midfield.
SC Wiener Neustadt has had several coaches over the years. Some of the notable coaches who have managed the team include:
– Helgi Kolvidsson: Kolvidsson managed Wiener Neustadt from 2018 to 2019. He led the team to a third-place finish in the Regional League East in his first season in charge.
– Thomas Flögel: Flögel managed Wiener Neustadt in the 2016-17 season. He led the team to a sixth-place finish in the Regional League East that season.
Most Successful Season
SC Wiener Neustadt’s most successful season was the 2012-13 season, when they finished in third place in the Austrian Football Second League. The team was led by coach Heimo Pfeifenberger and had several key players in their ranks, including Markus Pink and Martin Pusic.
The current owner of SC Wiener Neustadt is FK Austria Wien, one of the most successful football clubs in Austria. Austria Wien took over the ownership of Wiener Neustadt in 2015 and has been providing financial and other forms of support to the team.
SC Wiener Neustadt plays its home matches at the Bundessportzentrum Südstadt, a multi-purpose stadium located in the city of Maria Enzersdorf. The stadium has a capacity of 3,000 spectators and is used by several other sports teams as well.
|Team Name:||SC Wiener Neustadt|
|Owner:||FK Austria Wien|
|City and Country:||Wiener Neustadt, Austria|
Overall, SC Wiener Neustadt is a football team with a rich history and a loyal fanbase. While they haven’t won any major trophies yet, they continue to be a competitive team in the Austrian football landscape and are always looking to build on their successes.