Sopoti Librazhd: A Powerful Football Team from Albania
Overview of the Team
Sopoti Librazhd is a professional football team based in the city of Librazhd in Albania. The team was founded in 1953 and has been an active member of the Albanian football league since then. The team has a long and rich history of producing talented players and achieving significant success in the Albanian football scene.
History of the Team
Sopoti Librazhd was first founded in 1953 as part of the local sports club, KS Sopoti. The team played in the lower divisions of Albanian football until 1993, when it was promoted to the Albanian Superliga, the top tier of Albanian football.
Since then, Sopoti Librazhd has maintained its position in the Superliga, although it has been relegated and promoted a few times. The team has produced some of the best footballers in Albania, including Ilir Meta, the former president of Albania.
Sopoti Librazhd has produced many talented players over the years. Some of the most notable players who have played for the team include:
– Ilir Meta: A former footballer and president of Albania.
– Djemal Mustafa: A striker who played for many top teams in Albania and is currently the top scorer in the history of the Albanian Superliga.
– Ergys Kaçe: A midfielder who currently plays for the Albanian national team and the Greek Super League club PAOK.
Over the years, Sopoti Librazhd has had many coaches who have contributed to the team’s success. Some of the most notable coaches include:
– Ilir Lushku: A former Albanian footballer who coached Sopoti Librazhd in the early 2000s.
– Kujtim Gjura: A former Albanian footballer who coached the team during the 2011-2012 season.
– Dionis Shkëmbi: A former Albanian footballer who coached the team in the 2018-2019 season.
Most Successful Season
Sopoti Librazhd’s most successful season came in 1999-2000, when the team finished in third place in the Albanian Superliga. The team’s success that season was due to the strong play of its players and the vision of its coach.
The current owner of Sopoti Librazhd is the municipality of Librazhd. The team has struggled financially in recent years, but the municipality continues to support the team and help it stay competitive in the Albanian football league.
Sopoti Librazhd’s home stadium is the Sopoti Stadium, which has a capacity of 3,000 spectators. The stadium is located in the city of Librazhd in eastern Albania.
|Team Name:||Sopoti Librazhd|
|Owner:||Municipality of Librazhd|
In conclusion, Sopoti Librazhd is a football team with a rich history and a bright future. Despite its financial struggles, the team continues to attract talented players and coaches and compete at the highest level of Albanian football. We can’t wait to see what this team will achieve in the coming years.