Overview of KS Dinamo Albania
KS Dinamo Albania is a professional football club based in the capital city of Tirana. The club was founded in 1950 and has a rich history of success in Albanian football. They have won numerous domestic titles and have represented Albania in European competitions.
History of the Team
KS Dinamo Albania was founded in 1950 and initially played under the name of Dinamo Tirana. The club was formed with the merger of several smaller clubs in the city. The team quickly began to make a name for itself and won their first domestic league title in 1951.
The 1950s and 1960s were a successful period for the club, winning a total of 8 domestic league titles during this period. The 1970s were a much leaner period, with the team winning only one league title during this decade.
The 1980s saw a resurgence in the team’s form as they won an additional 5 league titles. The 1990s were a tumultuous time for the club, with a number of ownership changes and financial difficulties.
However, the 2000s saw the club return to form, winning an additional 7 domestic league titles. They also made their first appearance in European competition in 2005, reaching the second qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League.
KS Dinamo Albania has been home to many notable players over the years. Some of the most famous include:
– Klodian Duro: A goalkeeper who played for the club in the 1990s and 2000s. He made over 200 appearances for the team and was a key part of their success during this period.
– Igli Tare: A striker who played for the club in the 1990s. He was the team’s top scorer and helped them win the league title in 1999.
– Hamdi Salihi: A striker who played for the club in the 2000s. He was the team’s top scorer for four consecutive seasons and helped them win multiple league titles.
The following coaches have managed KS Dinamo Albania over the years:
– Ilir Daja: An Albanian coach who managed the team between 2015-2018. He helped the team win the league title in 2017.
– Gjergj Duro: An Albanian coach who managed the team between 2008-2010. He helped the team win two league titles during his tenure.
– Shpetim Duro: An Albanian coach who managed the team between 1995-1996. He helped the team win the league title in 1995.
Most Successful Season
KS Dinamo Albania’s most successful season was in 1972, when they won the domestic league title and reached the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup.
KS Dinamo Albania is owned by the Albanian Football Association.
The team plays their home matches at the Selman Stermasi Stadium in Tirana, which has a capacity of 12,500 spectators.
|Team Name:||KS Dinamo Albania|
|Championships Won:||18 domestic league titles|
|Owner:||Albanian Football Association|
|City and Country:||Tirana, Albania|
|Stadium:||Selman Stermasi Stadium|