The University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) is a prestigious research university located in Chengdu, Sichuan, China. It is one of the key national universities under the direct administration of the Ministry of Education of China.
UESTC was founded in 1956 as the Chengdu Institute of Radio Engineering. In 1960, it was renamed as the Chengdu Institute of Electronic Engineering. In 1997, it was elevated to the status of a full-fledged university and renamed as the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China.
UESTC is organized into 22 schools and colleges, offering undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in a wide range of disciplines, including electronics, communication engineering, computer science, and management.
The university has two main campuses, covering a total area of 92.1 hectares. The Jingshi campus is located in the western part of Chengdu and the Qingshuihe campus is located in the eastern part of Chengdu.
UESTC is known for its strong research focus and has established itself as a leading institution in the field of electronics and information technology. The university is home to six national key disciplines and four disciplines recognized as key disciplines in the province.
Colleges and schools
• School of Electronic Science and Engineering
• School of Communication and Information Engineering
• School of Optical-Electrical and Computer Engineering
• School of Computer Science and Engineering
• School of Automation Engineering
• School of Microelectronics and Solid-State Electronics
• School of Mechatronics Engineering
• School of Life Science and Technology
• School of Physical Electronics
• School of Mathematical Sciences
• School of Economics and Management
• School of Marxism
• School of Foreign Languages
• School of Public Affairs
• School of Political Science and International Relations
• School of Law
• School of Software and Microelectronics
• School of Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineering
• School of Materials and Energy
• School of Medicine
• School of Continuing Education
• School of International Education
The university has a vibrant campus life, with a wide range of extracurricular activities on offer. There are various student clubs and organizations, sports teams, debating societies, and cultural events that take place throughout the year.
The university has a strong athletics program, with teams representing the university in various sports such as basketball, volleyball, soccer, and table tennis. The university’s sports facilities are modern and well-equipped.
• Guodong Xu – member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Ronggui Yang – member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
• Zhenyu Li – co-founder and CEO of the drone start-up, EHang
• Han Jiang – co-founder of the technology start-up, InnoLight Technology
• Lin Li – president of Xidian University
• Xianxiang Chen – vice-president of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
|Name:||University of Electronic Science and Technology of China|
|Location:||Chengdu, Sichuan, China|
|Colleges and schools:||School of Electronic Science and Engineering, School of Communication and Information Engineering, School of Optical-Electrical and Computer Engineering, School of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Automation Engineering, School of Microelectronics and Solid-State Electronics, School of Mechatronics Engineering, School of Life Science and Technology, School of Physical Electronics, School of Mathematical Sciences, School of Economics and Management, School of Marxism, School of Foreign Languages, School of Public Affairs, School of Political Science and International Relations, School of Law, School of Software and Microelectronics, School of Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineering, School of Materials and Energy, School of Medicine, School of Continuing Education, School of International Education|